Some game controllers are better than others. The Xbox controller feels great and is easy to use. But what if you have a PS4 and want to use an Xbox controller?
Yes, You can. All you need is a particular piece of equipment called an adapter. Plug in the adapter, connect your Xbox controller, and you can go on your PS4.
So do not worry. You can use the controller you like best, no matter what gaming system you have.
In simple terms, Xbox controllers are excellent, and you can use one on a PS4 if you want to. Just get an adapter and follow the instructions to set it up.
Which Xbox Controller is Compatible With The PlayStation 4
Want to use your Xbox controller on a PS4? Usually, you cannot because different companies make Xbox and PS4. But do not worry! There is a special adapter called CronusMAX PLUS that lets you do it.
You can use any Xbox controller, like the ones for Xbox One or Xbox 360. You also do not need a unique, expensive PS4. A regular one will work just fine.
Here is an excellent tip:
This adapter is handy for other stuff, too! You can connect controllers from other game systems to your PS4 or Xbox.
So, using the CronusMAX PLUS adapter, you can use your PS4 controller on Xbox or vice versa. All you need is this adapter, and you are good to go.
Connect Xbox Controller to PS4: With an Adapter
Want to use your Xbox controller on your PS4? You’ll need a particular piece called a CronusMAX PLUS adapter. Here’s how to set it up:
Step 1: Configure the Adapter on The Computer
- Turn on your computer and open your internet browser.
- Go to the adapter’s website and download a free program called Cronus Pro.
- Find the downloaded file named ‘Setup.exe’ and double-click it.
- Click “Yes,” then “Next,” and finally, “Install.”
- Take the cable that came with the adapter. Plug the small end into the adapter and the big end into your computer’s USB slot. Tip: Use a USB 2.0 slot if you can.
- Find and double-click the “Cronus PRO” icon on your desktop.
- In the program, click “Tools” and “Cronus PRO Update.” If there’s an update, go ahead and install it.
Step 2: Connect the Controller To The Console Via a USB Hub
Do you want to use your Xbox controller on your PS4? You will also need a special plug called an adapter and a regular PS4 controller. Here’s how you can set it up:
- Start the Program: Open a “Cronus PRO” program on your computer. Plug the adapter into your computer.
- Go to Settings: Click “Tools” and then “Options.” A new window will open; click on the “Device” tab.
- Pick Auto: Ensure it says Automatic” under Output Protocol.
- Check Settings: Go to “CMax Plus Tab” and make sure the box that says “Enable PS4 Partial crossover support” is not checked.
- Unplug: Take out the adapter from your computer’s USB port.
- Use the Hub: Get your USB hub and plug the PS4 controller into the first slot and the Xbox controller into the fourth one.
- More Plugging: Now plug this hub into a port on the adapter that says “Input.”
- Last Step: Plug the other end of the adapter into your PS4.
- Wait a Bit: You will see ‘A’ and ‘U’ flash on the adapter. Wait until you see a ‘0.’
How To Use Xbox Controller on PS4 Without an Adapter
Step 1: Update Your Controller
- First, plug your Xbox One controller into your Xbox using a USB cable.
- Go to Settings and then Devices & Accessories.
- Choose your controller and pick Update Firmware.
- Your Xbox will update your controller for you.
Step 2: Connect Controller to PS4
- Next, plug your Xbox One controller into your PS4 with a USB cable.
- Hold down the PlayStation button on the controller. The light bar will start to flash.
- On your PS4, go to Settings, then Devices, and then Bluetooth Devices.
- Pick a Wireless Controller to connect your Xbox One controller to your PS4.
Step 3: Set Up Buttons on PS4
- Last step! Go to Settings on your PS4.
- Choose Accessibility and then Button Assignments.
- Turn on Customize Button Assignments.
- Now, you can change the buttons to work how you like them.
This is how you can use an Xbox One controller on ps4 with no adapter.
Are Xbox Elite Controllers Compatible With PS4
With the X One SE (Type-C), you can use your Xbox Elite Series 2 and Xbox Series X/S controllers on many devices. This includes the Xbox Series X/S, PS5, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PCs that use XID or Steam software. You can also use it on older Xbox One systems.
Want to make your character move like you do in real life? You can, thanks to motion control. And if you like using a headset with a mic, do not worry. It works here, too.
Want to use your Xbox controller on a PS4? You can! You will need something called an adapter, or you can use a feature called Remote Play.
But here is a quick tip: if you are connecting it fast to your PS4, it might take a little longer to get the Xbox controller ready. No big deal, so that you know!
What is your best option? Plug the controller in with a wire or connect it without a wire. Why? Adapters do not cost much, and setting everything up is easy.